Guide to Buying Outdoor Dining SetsAndrea Lewis
Commercial businesses can utilize outdoor spaces to their advantage with high-quality dining sets that allow customers to eat and spend time at their location comfortably. Investing in durable and aesthetically pleasing chairs and tables is important. We are exploring all the factors to consider before you buy so you can find the perfect pieces for your setup. We are also diving into some easy steps for choosing items your customers will love.
Learn more with this commercial outdoor dining table buying guide.
What to Consider When Choosing Commercial Outdoor Furniture
Explore some important considerations for buying outdoor dining tables and chairs for your commercial business.
Function and Usage for Your Commercial Space
When setting up your outdoor dining area, it is important to ask yourself how your business will utilize the space. Will your customers dine there on a regular basis? Or will you open it for special occasions?
You have to understand the function of the space before buying any furniture. What kinds of groups come to your commercial business? Does your establishment attract families? Or is it more of a date night hotspot? You’ll want to arrange your space according to who will be utilizing it. Be sure to create an area that is conducive and comfortable for your customers.
Take a look at your outdoor dining space and find furniture that you can work into an attractive arrangement. You’ll choose table and chair sizes that work with and enhance how people will be using this section.
For example, if your customers will use your outdoor space for drinks and dancing, you might want smaller, taller tables so there is still room for people to move around. But, if your business is more suitable for bigger groups like corporate meetings or families, consider longer rectangular tables that can accommodate more seats.
Similarly to how you’ll choose outdoor dining pieces according to how your customers will use them, you also want to pick options that work well with your environment.
Some materials are better suited for weather resistance. Ensure you choose tables and seating options that can withstand your local climate and conditions.
Weather can have a significant impact on the materials used to craft outdoor furniture. If your business leaves your dining sets outside and unprotected from the elements, you could end up with a range of issues, from cosmetic to structural damage.
Some environmental factors to keep in mind when choosing furniture pieces include:
- Heat: High temperatures can warp certain materials and cause cracking in the coating or paint.
- Sunlight: Direct sunlight can cause color fading and other unfavorable discoloration on your dining sets.
- Cold and snow: Moisture in your furniture can freeze and lead to cracking in cold conditions. Accumulated snow can weaken your tables and chairs.
- Rain: Leaving your furniture in the rain can cause rust development on metals and cause water damage to materials like wood.
Commercial businesses should invest in proper storage solutions to minimize the effects of environmental factors on outdoor dining sets.
Durable Materials for Furniture
When buying outdoor dining sets, be sure to choose options made out of durable materials. Your outdoor space is an investment for your business. You’ll want to buy pieces that will last for years to come.
The following are popular materials for outdoor furniture pieces:
- Stainless steel: Thanks to its durability, stainless steel is a great material for outdoor dining pieces. It can withstand a lot of use and offers a great deal of weather resistance.
- Wood: Wood is a traditional option for outdoor furnishings. If you want to create a cozy environment, wooden pieces can help with that, and they can last for years despite not being the strongest material on the market.
- Aluminum: Since it is lightweight and sturdy, aluminum is another common material for outdoor furniture. With a powder coating, it can withstand the elements and maintain its looks.
- Plastic: Plastic is another frequently used material for outdoor furnishings. It is great for making super light pieces that are easy to move around. It also resists the elements quite well.
You’ll also want to choose pieces based on what materials work well with your climate and what’s within your budget.
Your business’s budget will be a major factor in what pieces you select. Setting your spending limit should be one of the first things you do. When creating your financial plan, be sure to include all expenses associated with upgrading your outdoor dining space, such as:
- Storage solutions
- Furniture quantities
- Delivery fees
As you browse through furniture items, you’ll notice the following three factors have a major impact on the cost of outdoor dining sets:
- Materials: Different materials will vary in average expenses. More durable items will likely come with a higher price tag.
- Size: The shapes and sizes of the furniture will also impact costs. Larger pieces will typically be more expensive.
- Design: Pieces with intricate designs or customization will likely be more costly than simple, minimalist items.
To set your budget accurately, you must create a plan for your order. Consider where each piece of outdoor furniture will go and if you need extra chairs. Ensure you find items within your budget and will fill out your dining area nicely.
Remember that outdoor furniture is a long-term investment and you should buy items that will serve your customers for many years.
Another important element to consider when choosing outdoor furniture is your brand. Every piece you pick out should compliment your business’s design and decor. Incorporating your logo and signature colors into your outdoor dining area can reinforce your branding and what you stand for.
Creating a cohesive space is important. The colors, decor styles and imagery you use communicates messages about your business to potential customers. Design can make your brand feel more established and well-cared for, leading to more trust.
Investing in your brand presentation can transform your business. Creating a distinct image for your business can help boost brand recognition and ultimately increase your revenue.
Some of the benefits of having solid branding for your business include:
- Improving customer loyalty: When customers feel they know what to expect from your business, they will feel more inclined to return.
- Establishing consistency and credibility: The care you put into your branding can help demonstrate that your business is a trustworthy and reliable option.
- Giving your business a competitive edge: Branding also helps you differentiate your operation from the competition.
How to Buy Dining Sets for Your Outdoor Space
You can follow these steps to pick out the right outdoor dining sets for your commercial business:
Set Your Budget
When considering upgrading your outdoor space with new dining sets, you can begin the buying process by setting your budget. Before picking out the furniture items, you’ll need to consider how much it will cost to furnish your outdoor space adequately.
Once you have a budget, you can begin exploring the materials and styles you are interested in that fit within that limit.
Plan Your Arrangement
The next step is to carefully measure your commercial business’s outdoor area and begin mapping out your furniture arrangement. It is best to have a plan laid out to ensure you buy the right number of tables and seating to fill out your space without overcrowding. And remember to reserve an area for storage space that is easily accessible.
Choose Your Dining Set Pieces
Once you have an idea of your arrangement, you can explore dining set pieces in the sizes you are looking for. Choosing tables or chairs that are too large for the space can overcrowd and detract from your customers’ experiences. You’ll also want to choose a material that is suitable for your climate and will be durable.
Once you identify the sizes and materials you want, you can begin to finalize your order with item quantities.
Buy From a Reputable Seller
To ensure your commercial business has the highest-quality dining set pieces, you must order from a trusted seller. It is important to buy from a source with great customer service and a reliable warranty. Read online reviews and go with a vendor with a good reputation.
Incorporate Other Decor Pieces
Once your business secures its outdoor dining sets, consider what additional accents you’d like to incorporate into your space. Decor items such as string lights or potted plants can create a beautiful and inviting ambiance for your customers.
Commercial companies may want to consider additional landscaping projects as well.
Tips for Buying and Maintaining Outdoor Dining Sets
Check out these tips for choosing the right dining set and keeping it in its best condition:
- Stick with a maintenance schedule: Businesses should inspect and perform maintenance tasks on their outdoor furniture regularly. Tightening loose parts and repairing cracks or scratches from time to time can elongate the life of your items. You can clean your outdoor tables and chairs according to their material, and you can wipe down most metal and plastic furniture pieces.
- Create a storage routine: Commercial businesses should invest in a storage solution for their outdoor dining sets. You can keep your furniture looking its best by putting it away during inclement weather and when it is not in use. Creating a daily or weekly storage routine helps your business keep each outdoor piece looking and functioning properly.
- Don’t powerwash your outdoor dining set: Be sure to follow the manufacturer’s guidance on how to clean your dining set. Cleaning methods and products will depend on the furniture’s material. As a general rule of thumb, it is best to wipe down your pieces rather than power washing them. The harsh water pressure can do more harm than good to your furniture.
- Invest in durability: Durability is a very important consideration when picking out your furniture pieces. You want to buy pieces that will serve your customers and last for a long time. The outdoor elements can be damaging to outdoor dining sets, so it is important to find an option made from a material that is suitable for your climate and location.
- Choose pieces that are easy to care for: Another tip for buying an outdoor dining set is to purchase items that are easy to clean. Busy businesses need an efficient cleaning process, and choosing pieces your team can use to sanitize in minutes is beneficial. Buying weather-resistant options can keep your dining set looking new for longer.
- Pick lightweight pieces: Outdoor furniture should be lightweight and easy to arrange, but not so light that it is easily blown over by the wind or breakable.
Explore Different Dining Set Elements
The following are common site furnishings to include and what features to look for:
Outdoor dining tables should be sturdy and stylish. They are the largest pieces of furniture in your space so it is important to choose options that look nice and pair with the seating comfortably.
Your business can accommodate different customer groups by including various table sizes and shapes, including:
- Square: If you want to offer dining sets where couples and small groups can enjoy an intimate meal, square outdoor tables are a great option.
- Rectangular: Larger groups can enjoy dining at rectangular outdoor tables that fit more seats without overcrowding.
- Round: Businesses looking for a cozy setting for their outdoor dining area can utilize round outdoor tables that are aesthetically pleasing and accommodate small groups of up to four.
When choosing outdoor seating, you should prioritize comfort. You want to give your customers a place to relax and enjoy the dining experience.
Consider buying outdoor dining chairs with armrests and back support. You can make storage especially easy by opting for chairs that stack on top of each other.
Ensure your seating is durable and easy to clean. When organizing your dining chairs, don’t overcrowd your tables with too many.
Umbrellas are another key element of outdoor dining sets. They offer your customers protection against the sun and heat so they can eat their meals in comfort.
Choose umbrellas that work well in your space and are not in the way of your staff or visitors. You can find color options that go with your business’s branding. If you know your outdoor space gets a lot of direct sunlight, you may want to order tables with an umbrella hole for each setup.
Do not overlook the need to incorporate trash and recycling receptacles into your outdoor dining area. Placing a few strategically around your business can minimize litter and help keep your space cleaner for your customers.
Browse Outdoor Dining Sets from Bramsford Site Furnishings
Whether you are looking to create a new outdoor dining area or update an existing one, Bramsford Site Furnishings has a selection of high-quality dining sets to explore.
You can customize and order your pieces directly on our site. Our team can assist you with any questions and help your business establish a plan for your outdoor space. Giving your customers a special outdoor dining experience is a great way to keep them coming back time after time.
Are you interested in learning more? Browse dining sets from Bramsford Site Furnishings today!